Key Points of Semester System
- A student will get maximum three chances to clear a particular semester. Three chances means, three continuous examinations of a particular semester irrespective of a student appears or not. For example, a student of 2014 batch will get three chances i.e. in 2014, 2015 and 2016, thus, student shall have to complete his/her all papers of 1st Semester Examination in 2016.
- Students can apply for repeat examination in one of the theory papers in 1st, 2nd and 3rd semester examinations. The provision for repeat examination is not applicable for 4th, 5th and 6th semester examination.
- Re evaluation of answer scripts should be addressed to the Deputy Controller of Examination, GU through the principal within 15 days from the date of declaration of results of the respective examination.
- Students passing in any paper(s) of a semester need to appear in the remaining papers (Failed or not appeared) in the next examination. Students passing in practical paper(s) of a subject need to appear only in theory paper(s) in the subsequent examination.
- It is mandatory for all students to appear in Sessional Examinations. The minimum mark for passing in each paper is 30% of the total marks.
- Subject correction and switch over cases from Major to General course is allowed in 1st semester only. Students applying for switch over from major to general course need to send the information immediately before the examination form fill up.
- Application Form for Name Correction, Withheld Result Clearance, Subject Correction, Duplicate Grade Sheet/Mark Sheet, Admit Card, Re-evaluation of Answer Scripts etc. may be downloaded from GU Website (www. gauhati.ac.in) and to be submitted to the principal of the respective colleges along with necessary documents and fees.